Poplar Springs, just 50 miles from the nation’s capital, is spread over more than 200 acres of rolling rural countryside. It offers the perfect weekend refuge for quiet and indulgence, away from the urban rush. It is also an excellent day-spa destination. This is northern Virginia’s wine country, and it is studded with vineyards, horse farms, streams and nature areas.
Please use the following directions.
(GPS, Mapquest and Google Maps provide confusing and inaccurate instructions.)
From points North:
- Take I-95 South to I-495 towards Silver Spring then to I-66 West.
- Follow I-66 West to US 29 South/Exit 43A (at Gainesville).
- Drive 10 miles on US 29 South. At US 29 split approaching Warrenton, stay to the left. (Do not follow signs for US 29 South Warrenton Business District.)
- Take first exit off the bypass, Route 643 (Meetze Road). At the end of the exit ramp, turn left. Proceed for 4.6 miles.
- Turn left on Route 616 (Casanova Rd). A stone sign says “Godfrey's Corner.” Follow Casanova Road approximately 2 miles. The main entrance to Poplar Springs is on the right.
From points South:
- Take I-95 North to Route 17 to Warrenton.
- Follow Route 17 West to Route 28.
- Turn right onto Route 28 North.
- Follow Route 28 North to Casanova Road.
- Turn left onto Casanova Road (just after railroad tracks) and follow it to the entrance to Poplar Springs Inn Spa on the left.
From points East and the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area:
- From the I-66 West/I-495 merge, follow I-66 West (approximate 19 miles) to Exit 44 (Route 234 South/Prince William Parkway).
- Stay on Route 234 South for about 5 miles until you see signs for Route 28 South (a right-hand merge)
- Take 28 South for 11 miles to Casanova Road (Route 616). Just before you reach Casanova Road, you will see the Southern States store on the left.
- Turn right on Casanova Road/Route 616
- Drive 2.1 miles to the main entrance for Poplar Springs (on the left side of road)
From points West:
- Take I-81 to I-66 East to Route 17 South.
- Stay on Route 17 South and take the by-pass around Warrenton.
- Take the third exit off the bypass, which is Route 643 (Meetze Road). At the end of the exit ramp, turn left.
- Proceed 4.6 miles. Turn left at Route 616 (Casanova Rd). You’ll see a stone sign for “Godfrey's Corner.”
- Follow Casanova Road about 2 miles to Poplar Springs’ main entrance on the right.
Our area is located within driving distance of three international airports. There are also two small local airports that serve private and corporate aircraft:
- Reagan National in D.C. – 50 miles
- Dulles in Virginia – 40 miles
- Baltimore-Washington – 80 miles
- Warrenton Fauquier Airport – 7 miles
- Manassas Regional Airport – 16 miles